Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my.name.is.kylie.lim.kah.yee.and.i.am.a.student.representative.

AT 4:38 PM
Being Student Rep for half a year....

I have learned a lot, even though it is only half way of my term.

First of all, I'd like to share with you regarding my committee members.
To be honest, I did not treat them as committee member (at first) I was trying to be friend with them and wanna do thing without ordering them. Undoubtedly, they are all excellence students in UTAR with their own unique personalities. This is a strength, also a weakness. As in, they are some of them that are very keen with their own opinions. Some of them, they have more experience than me. They came to Perak campus earlier than me. They are older than me. Thus, sometimes, they are a little too hard for me um... How to say.... To control them? It is not easy to lead them to the path which I think is more appropriate. To be frank, I can see the 2gangs in my SRC that encompasses of 13 Homo sapiens. Due to the objectives from all of us is actually the same, henceforth, we are here together as a team. I really really hope we can work together and most importantly respect me as a leader even you have more experience or older or whatsoever. I may sound soft and begging them here but please do not doubt my words. I mean it.

In the process of getting the Chairman post, I sacrificed something. I understand the fact of give and take. Thus, I do not feel any regrets even the negative impacts have came to me. People starts to like me and dislike me. Those who like me, they can really support me. Those who dislike, they can spread a lot of exaggerating rumours around with I don't know what kinda heart they have. At the end, I won by gaining almost 50% of the votes out of the 1000+ voters. That shows my capability and also the team that supporting me. The "SERVE" team which consists of ahxian, eng aun, Khairil, my ex roommate Sam, Clement Wong, and Rachel, a great lady. They do helped me a lot. They make the meaning of team work clear for me. A thousand thank you for them.

After winning the post, I do have the opportunity to approach more people either in or outside my University. There are changes in my life, too! I am like celebrity. People starting to pin-point on me when they see me. Again I give out something, which is, personal private time for myself. People tend to take my personal life as the topic after their meal or when they are too free. Some people said that the KahYee in front of the scene and behind the scene are very different. I do not deny the statement and in fact it is very true. Imagine: I cannot use my loud and ordering tone to talk to my boyfriend, right? (p.s. I am still single). I keep emphasizing this is not because I am hiding something. I am just don't want any inappropriate news/rumours being spread to my parents. I come from a conservative family. They do not allow me to do something that affect the reputation of family. Actually I don't really care about my family's reputation instead, I care more about my reputation. That is why I care a lot of how people see me and how they look at me.

After entering 1st year of my degree, I found out I do not have much friends even though I know a lot of people and more people know me. Some of them, they approach me is because they wanna get themselves famous. I don't mind but not to be over. Ivan, Pearly, KLCK these 3 persons, I really like them a lot and I treat them as my good friends. They are SRC from other campuses. We have almost the same status in our campus. They don't need to parasite on me to get the popularity in fact they are much more famous than me. Getting so close with them is really an out-of-sudden-incidents with each of them which I am lazy to mention here. 3 of them are great. Real great. Nah nah nah don't fly with you guys read this. XD

Oh back to emo side. Sometimes, I really need to be extremely careful to cover this and that in order to prevent chaos. Ya I understand that covering makes thing even obvious that is why I said extremely careful.

Ok this entry is way too long already I guess I need to stop here. Oh ya, I wanna use my birthday wish this year right now. I wish my housemate the one stay next door to keep the toilet clean, and clear. PLEASE!!! ahmen** =.=


8 beep(s) to KahYee:

~K£cќ~ on Jan 6, 2009, 8:23:00 PM said...

Wah wah wah wah ... fly d la LOL ... haha ... I don't know bout both of them but i treat u guys as good frens 2 haha ... well u see its not easy to meet so many banana at the same place u know ... except u ... @.@ but u speak english with us oso XD

Ivan, Pearly n Tjun Kong must be somewhere in KL now ... going for a hotel hunt the whole day i guess ... don't know where r they now HAHAHAHA

Eh Pearly oso got the same situation la ... u ask her ... become leader is like that 1 ... u oso heard her complain before le ... Anyway ... half term more ... sabar saja la >.<

LimKahYee, Kylie on Jan 7, 2009, 9:46:00 AM said...

eh KLCK they are hunting for hotel?meaning we are not using Times Square ad? wu wu wu~~

haha..sabar sabar..SABAR!!!

tell you a secret..one term, is more than enough already.. =.= shhhhhh...dont let others know..

~K£cќ~ on Jan 7, 2009, 6:24:00 PM said...

Yea most prob will change hotel ... tu la ... u not in KL if not can follow ... today go palace get free buffet kns i should have follow ...

I might consider another term ... coz SRC thought me a lot of things ... n I get to know so many ppl ... like u n Ivan la ... see how la if got ppl wan me in the team or not XD

Haiz tml welcoming concert KNS la ... walao ... Ivan n Pearly must have laugh their heads off man =.= tuut

pearly on Jan 7, 2009, 9:27:00 PM said...

wah wah...i'm so touched..sob sobs. Hehe.. sama sama la

good friend...tmr i will video something and let you see. make sure you see with your eyes open big and wide. but don't laugh too much after you see it. after klck sad... haha!!!

~K£cќ~ on Jan 7, 2009, 11:06:00 PM said...

Walao shit d la ...

LimKahYee, Kylie on Jan 8, 2009, 12:47:00 AM said...

wuhoo~~~ cant wait!! woot** big wet eyes man...wahahha!!

rexyion on Jan 9, 2009, 6:16:00 PM said...

lol...sound so political pula...

Anonymous said...

Gambateh gal.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails